Used Acrylic tank bubbling...please help

onsloth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2024
Correct… ratio will be the same no matter what ur measuring with. 100ml to 5ml… 100g to 5g… you can use measuring cups/spoons also if u do the conversions. Can google how many ml are in a tsp/tbsp/cup. I used to just use a measuring spoon for the hardener and a mixing cup marked with ml for the other part.
Ive been reading your other thread and saw your pic of the tip and pour method.
How exactly do I do the side crease if the top front seem is now angled with "triangle" Weldon40 seal?
Do you tip n pour every crease to reinforce old tanks?

Screenshot_20240526-213035.png

Reactions: wednesday13

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Ive been reading your other thread and saw your pic of the tip and pour method.
How exactly do I do the side crease if the top front seem is now angled with "triangle" Weldon40 seal?
Do you tip n pour every crease to reinforce old tanks?

View attachment 1543119
#40 adheres to itself very well… you just tip and pour again flipping the tank around to work on 1 seam at a time. It will adhere and self level right over the seams that were already poured. Yes, ive done every seam on tanks, even up under the top like u need to do.

Reactions: onsloth

onsloth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2024
#40 adheres to itself very well… you just tip and pour again flipping the tank around to work on 1 seam at a time. It will adhere and self level right over the seams that were already poured. Yes, ive done every seam on tanks, even up under the top like u need to do.
Thanks again for all the advice. I also saw that I should be leaving each seem to dry for a couple hours. And here I thought I'd be done with the tank and a day or two with all the seams lol.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Thanks again for all the advice. I also saw that I should be leaving each seem to dry for a couple hours. And here I thought I'd be done with the tank and a day or two with all the seams lol.
Any time man 💀🤙… and yeah the 40 heats up alot and needs time to cool down before u move to the next seam. Its kinda a slow process. Well worth it in the end tho. If you rush it the crazing will be bad/worse

Reactions: onsloth

jhonnyannan

Feeder Fish
Dec 6, 2020
Personally, I'd go for Weld-On 4 or 16 for those bubbles. It's good to address them before they potentially worsen. Plus, it'll give your tank a cleaner look, which might indeed help if you decide to sell it later on.

onsloth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2024
Personally, I'd go for Weld-On 4 or 16 for those bubbles. It's good to address them before they potentially worsen. Plus, it'll give your tank a cleaner look, which might indeed help if you decide to sell it later on.
I tried to inject the areas with 4 and only a little bit took. I couldn't get it into the seams for the majority of the bubbles. If 4 couldn't get it, 16 won't.

onsloth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2024
Any time man 💀🤙… and yeah the 40 heats up alot and needs time to cool down before u move to the next seam. Its kinda a slow process. Well worth it in the end tho. If you rush it the crazing will be bad/worse
I was also thinking of just doing the top seems.
The bottom has no bubbling and the top side just has this much bubbling at each side.
Just to get started on this fill up soon lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store