My 95 gallon tank !!

Ticão

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
United States
A while ago i posted about some problems with my synspilum, regarding his aggression towards my JD. I'm looking for a new home for him, but this task is showing to be very hard, until then i would like to show some shoots of my tank, hope you enjoy it, and if possible comment a little, i'm thinking about changing the aquascape by adding another driftwood, i don't know you tell me !!:nilly:

Ok enough talking let's see some pics

I was thinking, the vieja is male, GT female and JD male, can you tell by this pics ?!

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

Reactions: DawnMichele

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
The Syn looks great! How big is he? I would definitely add a background. Maybe a few flowing plants would break the tank up enough to minimize your aggression issues. My Syn only goes after my JD during feeding and that's only a 2 second chase. Good luck.

Ticão

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
United States
Thanks everyone for the replies!! I plan on adding a black background anytime soon, the problem is i'm just lazy ;) ...

I tried to put some vallisneria but the syn ate or destroyed it, even the java fern didn't last... is anything i could add to break the tank more ?! And maybe minimize his aggression ?! Would more dithers help ore just overstock it even more ?!

The Syn is around 6 inches maybe a little more, and he's a little psycho, i was watching him the other day, chasing the rainbows (don't worry if anyone becomes aggressive towards they i will take them to my gf community tank), and i noted that he was only chasing them when they were pooping, because he eats its poop :eek: ..... he thinks that they are little food machines, and yesterday i saw him doing the same think with my loaches....
He's a compulsive eater, he could eat until he's belly explode, just like some of the oscars i had...

Isn't that weird ?! Does anyone Syn's do that ?!

Thanks in advance

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
I have artificial plants so I don't have to worry about them being eaten. They may help you out as well if you form groups of fake plants with more large rocks and wood. My Syn isn't very aggressive but I have noticed him getting a little more pushy as he bulks up. Hopefully he wont turn psycho! He doesn't eat poop either. I don't know why yours does. I gave up on dithers for a while. They always end up being chased to death or eaten. I'm getting six Clown Loaches soon. I hope they do better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store