Mangrove Jack

Darsie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2011
Australia
They get huge too. Will have this guy in a 8x3 on his own if he decides he doesnt like tank mates as he matures. Have seen these guys while diving a couple times, big guys to about 80cm
Nice little jack. i got 1 in a 8x3 atm. got it from a mate after it went spastic

OOL51

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
Australia
I have one aswell, from what I have learnt from talking to another jack owner the bigger they get the less fear they have. Mine is in a tank by himself now as he attacks any other living thing in there

peacock madness

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
nice pics, but i have a question.. your calling this a "mangrove jack"? is this the sameas the local (here in fl) mangrove or black snapper i catch fishing?? if so, u showed him in with ur other malawi species.. does this mean he can adapt to a lesser salt more fresh environment? just curious and again, love the pics..

Darsie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2011
Australia
nice pics, but i have a question.. your calling this a "mangrove jack"? is this the sameas the local (here in fl) mangrove or black snapper i catch fishing?? if so, u showed him in with ur other malawi species.. does this mean he can adapt to a lesser salt more fresh environment? just curious and again, love the pics..
Different fish. They start out in fresh and some migrate to salt which is where you catch the big ones

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
dream fish!

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Is this tank freshwater? Shouldn't the jack and archer be in brackish? Cool fish BTW.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store