dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
...from the source!

Matt

It's real simple, we collect in the Rio Blanco because it's a smaller tributery to the Copan and easier to collect, The Rio Blanco's in the hobby came from a location about a mile from where the Blanco runs into the Copan, so basically they are all the same fish. All the fish from the Blanco and Copan came from 4 collecting trips we made from 2006-2009. Ken

Tojo09

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2009
Bay Area CA
Nice avatar. Looks familiar.
You probebly have more photos plagerized from ur shots then in all other fish keeping combined lol

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
You probebly have more photos plagerized from ur shots then in all other fish keeping combined lol

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
lol that sounds true

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
How did I ever miss this thread? Yeah I think that the difference in Male is that Rio Blanco has more red. As far as the female its a bit difficult to tell, but I think that Rio Copan has more body yellow, and the reds are on fins and face. But in the end...who knows, unless YOU bred F1s and know exactly, what we all have may even be F1s from Rio Copan x Rio Blanco.

My Rio Copans.

Reactions: Toiletcar

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
Its about time u chimed in lol

Sent from my MB300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ssthor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2010
wi
So anyone got a Rio blanco male for sale? I got this female here looking lonely, hell she paired up wit my Thai silk flowerhorn...I laughed n split them...lol

luvinbluegills

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
Pgh PA
I'm glad this thread was dug up because I kept looking at the big male on the front page of Jeff Rapps site wondering why that mota didn't look like most of which I've seen pictures!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store