Red bay snook tank mates?

Jim3h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Hey guys, first off i don't know if this is the right section feel free to move it. Second off I just put a peacock and a red bay snook in my 65 gallon tank, they're both small, I know how big they get and how fast they get. I'm not planning on keeping them till they grow up completely. The tank is pretty empty right now. Is there anything else I can put in the tank? Preferably a bottom dweller or something odd.
-thanks, Jim

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Snook are non-aggressive, as long as they are with fish they cannot swallow.
By peacock, what do you mean? an African of the genus Aulonacara from Lake Malawi, or a peacock bass of the genus Cichla from S America? there may be others called peacocks too.
Neither would be considered aggressive, although Cichla will also eat any fish that fit in their mouth, Aulonacara have small mouths, and are easily intimidated by aggressive species.

Jim3h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Snook are non-aggressive, as long as they are with fish they cannot swallow.
By peacock, what do you mean? an African of the genus Aulonacara from Lake Malawi, or a peacock bass of the genus Cichla from S America? there may be others called peacocks too.
Neither would be considered aggressive, although Cichla will also eat any fish that fit in their mouth, Aulonacara have small mouths, and are easily intimidated by aggressive species.
Sorry I meant to write peacock bass, I must've left it out. They're both around 3" long I have some salt I. The water not much, I have the temp a little high, 84, would a tiger or lima shovel nose or a redtail live in there with them? I know alot of cats can't but are they an exception? What about a birtch?

Jim3h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
All of the mentioned would be ok ok I have a Endlicheri and delhizi with mine marmouratus catfish would work and silver dollars would work

Your sure that the cats would be ok in water with some salt in it? ( 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons ) I heard catfish are less tolerant to salt than other fish
-Jim

Jim3h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Try a larger fire eel if you like those?

I like them but I'm not crazy about them because I've heard they can be very finicky and hide alot, I just like strange/ large fish lol I'm open to many things as long as they're not escape artists or anything that will kill my fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store