What is one thing you love about cichlids?

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
The interactions they have with each other

Lauren Deadly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2013
Orange County
As someone stated, I love how intelligent they are. They recognize people and start to learn your habits, so amazing. God forbid I am 10 minutes late on dinner, they all stare at me (just me, not anyone else that's over) and/or the surface. Creepy little fish friends :uhoh:

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
Their out going personalities... With jacks as the exception in groups.. But by themselves I've found them to be almost as outgoing as my oscars...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CichlidKevin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
Braintree,MA
colors, personalities, parenting, everything about them. as stated you could start with one 20 gallon and end up with a fish room before you know it!

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Parental care - even after ~30 years of fishkeeping, I don't get tired of seeing a pair of cichlids defending their brood!
This for me. That's why I don't care for the maternal advanced mouthbrooders like Lake Malawi cichlids. They don't do the pair defense thing.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Parental care - even after ~30 years of fishkeeping, I don't get tired of seeing a pair of cichlids defending their brood!

Matt
me too, theres just something of a pair of cichlids with fry that is so interesting to watch

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store