MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California

OOL51

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
Australia
]Hes in a 6x2x2 and was in with 2jags, dovii, tarpon and a big sailfin pleco. killed the tarpon and 1 jag and ripped the others up.

Mine did similar. It was housed with other fish when I got him, was also given the tankmates he was with consisting of a murray cod, silver perch, barred grunter, jack dempsey and 2 redclaw crays. He first ripped apart the 2 crays despite being a bit smaller than them, I then gave the grunter and perch away due to the constant fighting between the 2 and the JD went in with my oscar as the Jack was harrasing it. Figured the cod would be cool as he never was picked on and hid in a log where the jack wouldn't fit. Came home from work one arv to find half of the cod's head ripped off from then on the only fish to go in his tank have been feeders

Kna0909

Exodon
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Brisbane
I just bought a 15cm jack and hes the best fish ive ever bought! Except i cant seem to get him to eat anything. Pretty surr hes a wild caught one so getting him onto pellets should be fun....

Anyone have any tips for this?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Hi

Haven't posted in a while.

Here is a Mangrove Jack I have growing out. Currently about 8" or so. These guys are notoriously agro, but this guy seems to the acception to the rule, although that can may change with time. Currently sharing a 5x2x2 with a group of mixed malawi haps.

And a few archer fish.

I catch the same exact mangrove jack here in SW Florida with a cast net. They are usually 6"-10". Freeze and feed to my gang.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
I catch the same exact mangrove jack here in SW Florida with a cast net. They are usually 6"-10". Freeze and feed to my gang.
different type of snapper., florida is Lutjanus apodus, the Asian version is Lutjanus argentimaculatus., looks a bit similar.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store