Post your Up & Comer

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
those are really nice Melarura. I hope mine colors-up as it gets bigger - even at 8" he/she still doesn't have the color I had hoped for
out of my breeding group of Rivs, I'm most excited for these two White Saums... been searching high and low for some for years!

View attachment 1217477
give 'em some time, GTs take a good bit of time to reach adulthood,.....they can breed as early as 3", but it takes 2-3 years for a male to hit 10"-11". Females might stop at 5"-6" and that usually takes 18 months at most, but supposedly they can hit 8" but I never seen one.

That male I just posted is probably barely 6"

Athletic_Amph

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2016
Branford, CT
give 'em some time, GTs take a good bit of time to reach adulthood,.....they can breed as early as 3", but it takes 2-3 years for a male to hit 10"-11". Females might stop at 5"-6" and that usually takes 18 months at most, but supposedly they can hit 8" but I never seen one.

That male I just posted is probably barely 6"
Thanks, Frank Castle Frank Castle . Your male is stunning, btw. I can't wait for them to begin to grow, but I'm just worried I have all females in my tank lol I know they are still small (around ~2") but they all appear to be female (all 8 of them) - which would really suck!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store