What's in the box? It's polys!

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
magpie magpie and twentyleagues twentyleagues love how you guys are naming my fish. Piggie smalls is good. For the albino lately I've just been calling it pinky or gummy bear. Been calling the moke Willow or Fleur. She's so sassy and been super lazy.

Looks so good.I'll go back on the sand search again!

Okay so I am ordering a WC del from wetspot. Any recommendations for other swimming PEACEFUL tank mates? Feel like I'm paying $40 for shipping; so I might as well order something else! Want to see a little more action in the tank. Even if it's like two rainbow fish or something colorful:...that hopefully won't get eaten lol

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Not weeks... but he is more lazy than he was when I first got him overall for sure. You know, you just don't get polys for tank movement. ;) Except maybe Sens and Pollis.

Not sure re: brown sand. Maybe CaribSea? If you have black you might just try it and see.

Soba is definitely greener and has more contrasting patterns than your not-named-PLANTFACE Moke. But I'm not sure how much is substrate vs. individual fish. Cohazard Cohazard would be a great resource on that topic as he has a bunch on the same substrate, but I haven't seen him around much lately...

Soba's most recent pics. Of course I've also had him a lot longer and he is well established in my tank. He's around 8" or so, haven't measured lately.
View attachment 1265197 View attachment 1265198
Soba is so nice and green!!' I wish I could figure out a formal name for PLANT FACE
Tank looks great. If you eant to break up the colors of the sand try some peace river forgot the company. Or if you have a patio supply near you get a sample or small amount of small sized river blend. I did this for the 150 and really liked it. Im pretty sure it was the 3/4 gravel sized delaware river blend...can be any blend that has multiple colored rocks
Haven't been able to find a patio supply nearby. Home Depot and lowes have the river rock, but the ones they have are too big. Might just grab a bag of black.

Piggie smalls....lol! That's a great name magpie magpie .
Piggie likes it when he's called BIG POPPA

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Thinking of getting green tiger barbs and or cherry barbs. Thoughts?
Wouldn't the barbs make a nice poly snack? Anything that can fit in their mouth will end up there. Trust me I learnt this the hard way the other day.........

Reactions: clm08k

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Barbs are plant eaters. I have the same issue what do I want swimming in my tank? I put some black skirts to start up the 180 long fin. I'm guessing someones gonna eat them. Hope not but it's probably gonna happen. Hope body shape and long fins make it look to hard to eat. I've got two geos but they really don't go to far off bottom. The filimented barbs I have are perfect except for the whole "I'm a barb so 'F' your plants!"

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Okay so I am ordering a WC del from wetspot. Any recommendations for other swimming PEACEFUL tank mates? Feel like I'm paying $40 for shipping; so I might as well order something else! Want to see a little more action in the tank. Even if it's like two rainbow fish or something colorful:...that hopefully won't get eaten lol
Have you considered a type of Silver Dollar? Or do they go crazy on plants? I have 5 as dither fish and they are pretty chill and always swimming around (I don't have any plant's). Also they are too wide to be eaten easily by a poly.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I like Willow for a Moke name! And LOLing at Big Poppa comment.

Lemme look at their stock list.

My congo tetras are big, hang out together, and swim around. They're not the most colorful though....

I think rainbows are cool but some of them get huge over time, not sure which ones... The irian red ones are like a dark red with shimmery gold.
I think they like to be in a group of 6+

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store