Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hello; By our current laws being born here automatically makes a baby a citizen. The mother may use such a citizen child (anchor baby) as a way to help get her citizenship. Kids not born here are illegal when they sneak in with the adults. The adults may not be a parent. My guess is some adults may pick up a baby on the way to the border.

Hello; Good question. In the past the adults with children were often processed and given a future court date. The reports are that many never showed up to court. I think this "catch and release" procedure is what was changed a few months ago and the change led to the current uproar.
Why the court date ? Shouldnt they just be sent on their way ? Seems like a bloated system to me.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hello; OK Sykes why don't you quit the forum for say two months and then come back to see if I am gone?
No way cupcake you and I are like Butch Cassidy and the sun dance kid

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I think they should be, or at the least put back to the end of line at the portal of entry. But by law, ever one in the USA is allowed due process. That means seeing a judge/court.

Reactions: J. H.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
because thats how we roll, lets say pedro got picked up near the border, but he is a US citizen with no ID, not having ID is not a crime, and Manuel labor got picked up for not having ID, and is here illegally.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
this needs to be figged out. and that is done by due process.

*ROCK*

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2018
because thats how we roll, lets say pedro got picked up near the border, but he is a US citizen with no ID, not having ID is not a crime, and Manuel labor got picked up for not having ID, and is here illegally.
Whoa pops, we're taking about intercepting people are AT the border, not people stopped near the border. 2 different things, right?

Reactions: jaws7777

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Why the court date ? Shouldnt they just be sent on their way ? Seems like a bloated system to me.
But by law, ever one in the USA is allowed due process. That means seeing a judge/court.
Hello; Pops has the answer.

because thats how we roll, lets say pedro got picked up near the border, but he is a US citizen with no ID, not having ID is not a crime, and Manuel labor got picked up for not having ID, and is here illegally
Hello; Good example. Pedro is legal but did not have proof at hand so gets due process. Manuel is illegal and also without papers and also gets due process. I guess Manuel must lie at some point in an early hearing like saying "not guilty" and gets a much delayed court date because of the massive backlog of such cases. Pedro finds his papers and shows up and gets cleared. Manuel just blends into USA society and never shows up for court.

Manuel may get picked up later for some small crime. This is where "sanctuary states and cities" come into play. In such places the local authorities are stopped from cooperating with ICE officials and Manuel again gets away.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Whoa pops, we're taking about intercepting people are AT the border, not people stopped near the border. 2 different things, right?
no we are not, once you cross the boarder then issues, we are not crossing the boarder and apprehending on attempt or thee appearance that they may be attempting to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store