Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
folks went nuts on lots of businesses that have nothing to do with that red hen. slammed there yelps, this is not good to me. That is irresponsible trolls attacking any restaurant even ones out of business for having the name or a name close. You act like them you are no better than them.

Boycott(sp) that one Red Hen fine, but make sure its not every restaurant with red hen or any thing close to its name.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
folks went nuts on lots of businesses that have nothing to do with that red hen. slammed there yelps, this is not good to me. That is irresponsible trolls attacking any restaurant even ones out of business for having the name or a name close. You act like them you are no better than them.

Boycott(sp) that one Red Hen fine, but make sure its not every restaurant with red hen or any thing close to its name.
+10000

*ROCK*

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2018
Yes, I understand. Like I said, I didn't say bad. The owners action was BC she saw Mrs.Sanders as bad, why?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
not commenting on that, tho in IMHO every one has a right to eat a meal in peace, just all the other restaurants that got slammed for nothing.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
hello; From time to time I get a news letter from John Duncan a congressman from TN's second district.
I have not read the entire thing but one portion fits in with one of our current thread topics. It is titled: $670 A Day.
First it cites a May 30 Washington Times report that the federal Government spent $1.4 billion last year taking care of 41,000 unaccompanied illegal children. It averaged out to $670 a day.

These are contractors and here are some of the things mentioned that the money was spent on.
"new sets" (plural) of clothes; gym equipment; regular field trips; movie nights; swimming; bowling; "multicultural crayons"; special foods; celebration of cultural holidays; cable TV; basketball; Spanish language yoga; soccer tournaments; 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks and calls back home a couple times a week.
Sounds awful, huh?

Bear in mind this is only a narrow segment of the total cost of dealing with illegals. I also noted that the newsletter called the illegal children "unaccompanied immigrant children" and not the proper term which is illegal.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
not commenting on that, tho in IMHO every one has a right to eat a meal in peace, just all the other restaurants that got slammed for nothing.
Hello; So other eating places that have nothing to do with the initial "Red Hen" are getting caught up in all this?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
yup, no affiliation, not a franchise, just folks looking up the name and anything that has red hen getting slammed. Allot have started putting disclaimers that they are not in any way shape or form affiliated with the red hen in question.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store