Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Wayne was pretty racist.
"With a lot of blacks, there’s quite a bit of resentment along with their dissent, and possibly rightfully so. But we can’t all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks. I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people."
Cry me a friggin river.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; For what it is worth Marion (aka -John Wayne) did not serve in the military. Don't know if that means anything about all the brave and noble characters he portrayed. This fact about Wayne did not bother my father who was a genuine war hero and was a big fan.

Noticed how the b-troll tried to turn the topic into a restricted area. Still too uncivilized so I will continue to ignore and be non responsive.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Years ago I worked with a fellow who was much older than I was and he hated Wayne.He loved mentioning how Wayne,with his patriotic war movies has caused many young men to join the military and lose their lives yet Wayne himself never served.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne

I had to wiki john wayne. Pretty interesting character. Some good some sketchy

Its before my time but I still like true grit (original). I haven't watched many of the others. My dad watched john Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies pretty religiously

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne

I had to wiki john wayne. Pretty interesting character. Some good some sketchy

Its before my time but I still like true grit (original). I haven't watched many of the others. My dad watched john Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies pretty religiously
There's some good movies in the western genre, great grandpa and I used to watch em a lot, still watch em sometimes

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There's some good movies in the western genre, great grandpa and I used to watch em a lot, still watch em sometimes
Yes there are,I love a good western especially Sergio Leone's stuff with Eastwood.
I just got around to watching the remake of The Magnificent Seven the other day.

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
It's your not you're. Kind of sad when you don't know proper grammar as a adult. At least I don't have to call people I don't agree with snowflakes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store