What's the most foul tempered fish you've ever had?

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Red tailed sharks - they hit a certain size and go postal
leoprinus - banded, strawberry and oethers.....nasty to each other and nip at all but the fastest fish in the tanks. Even giant danios struggle to stay away
Had a Red Tailed giant gourami - would SMASH any fish that had red in it. Was relentless on oscars in a 300g
Had a single oscar, out af many to be fair, but this individual was put into solitary confinement in a 75gal until I could get rid of it.
Skunk loach....mean litlle SOB. Also, I should of had them in a school, not just 2 of them.
Taiwan Horse Mouth - Candida barbarta. Great fish until they hit maturity them they get billigerent. Apparently heavy stocking them helps with this.

Reactions: AR1

Redshark1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
I am not entering a contest here as I have no scars (!), but for me it was Distichodus sexfasciatus. Would not tolerate anything other than very small fish which were left totally unharmed.

Reactions: AR1

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
To me, its never the fault or the fish, .....its only the fault of the keeper.
I recently caught a large Gobiomorus dormitor, a predatory goby, that inhabits a terriotory of about one square mile of river.
423f6650-1c07-4148-a2fa-8b2446d3b860.jpeg
And no suprise over time, it ate all the fish in my 180 gal tank.
Should I have been suprised? Of course not. Is it the fault of a predatore for doing its job?

Just looking at the shape of the mouth, I should realized, it was going to evertually eat them all.
IMG_9019.jpeg
if adding
IMG_4503.jpeg
or this,
or
or
most of these species need a tank to themselves, and to expect anything else, is dillusional

• Haha
Reactions: FINWIN and tlindsey

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Pea puffer. The tiniest of creatures terrorized fish orders of magnitude larger than itself…
They call them “Murder beans” for a reason.

I’ve had some pretty anger fish,
I had a jag that thought it owed the whole room it’s tank was in. Every time I entered the room he would go nuts trying to kill me through the glass.
I had a vieja hybrid that would pinch blisters on my hand every time I cleaned the tank.
I had a dog face puffer that removed the tip of my finger once.
But the fish that was the most deadly towards tank mates for me was the Festae.
Relentless

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I have a female parrot cross that looks a lot like this fish, and she can be hyper aggro at times. Damn near killed an adult male carpintis when they first paired off, then settled down over time. They have bred numerous times, but I let the loaches eat the eggs or any fry that survive.

View attachment 1486688
To add to that, after several years together, and numerous spawns, one day she decided that the male carpintis, who was a fair bit larger, had to go, and she tore him up so bad that he couldn’t recover, and a few days later died. She currently is going through some health issues, but still eating, and still bossing around the loaches at feeding times.

Sorry, not sure how to post that attachment as a pic?

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
To add to that, after several years together, and numerous spawns, one day she decided that the male carpintis, who was a fair bit larger, had to go, and she tore him up so bad that he couldn’t recover, and a few days later died. She currently is going through some health issues, but still eating, and still bossing around the loaches at feeding times.

Sorry, not sure how to post that attachment as a pic?
Damn, sounds like she's related to Patch!

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Probably this red tail shark, started off killing my guppies then the swordtails and finally my keyhole cichlids. Was a nicee looking fish, here he is in a bag on his way back to the fish shop after I ran out of patience. My daughter loved it and named him Kevin for some strange reason.He was approx 11cms in this pic.

IMG_0461.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store