600 gallon acrylic tear down and rebuild or roll the dice?

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
I believe I could get fairly decent at it if I did it often enough. It appears to be all about the correct amount of pressure between the pieces. Too little= no capillary action. Too much = no capillary action lol. Pretty fine line in there somewhere. Absolutely have you to thank for my progress 🤟🤘

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Love this thread! Great work B bluehand and great guidance & encouragement from wednesday13 wednesday13 Awesomeness folks!

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
As much as I would love to have acrylic for lids, I think the twin wall poly is a much better option for sure. With the extra expense as well as the sheer weight that I would be adding to the bracing its a much better way to go no doubt. I think the tank is ready to go in the house buuuuutttt.....the house is not ready for the tank lol. I have to move these two tanks ( one of which was actually built in as part of the wall) and inhabitants to the garage in order for me to demo part of a wall so this thing will fit in that space. More fun to come!!!!!

IMG_20240810_203716924_HDR.jpg

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
That should about do it for the tabs for the lids 🤘🤘

View attachment 1547137
Really enjoying seeing ur updates and progress on this. I like how the center braces came out with the tabs. I agree it was a benefit for more strength. Also, ur making me feel like a slacker for not doing any of my own fish related projects in a long while now 😂😂

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Starting to turn my attention towards the stand for this beast. I plan on doing it out of 2x6s with a solid plywood deck on top for the tank to rest on. With that said, should I put some sort of thin padding such as felt maybe between the plywood and the bottom of the tank? I will undoubtedly have to physically get inside the tank at some point and don't want any risk of busting something. Although 3 sides will be fully visible, I will only have full access to both short sides. The back will be up against a wall and the front will be built into a different wall so I won't be able to reach the center of the tank.

Bizdaddy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Soquel, CA
Reactions: bluehand
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store