My 95 gallon tank !!

Vapor315

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2010
Syracuse, NY
You could split the tank up in 2 halfs with the rocks and drift wood , then put some nice big and bushy fake plants around them and throw a couple in the middle but leave it mostly open for swimming and space issues. That way he will have a side, although my GT male seems to have claimed my whole 125 Gallon as his own and hates the Dovii hybrid I have with him.

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
personally i've always liked the look of a blue background as opposed to black but we each have our own preferences. I couldn't get rid of that synspilum though. :)

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
It's a nice setup, I dig the more basic setup myself. Just a few rocks/pots/caves and maybe a plant or two and it's good to go. As much as I enjoy a fuller setup with lots of plants and caves, I can't imagine cleaning the gravel with fish and not disturbing planted stuff. I'd paint on a black background myself. I find the fishes colors come out more. I hope my 90g looks as large as your 95g does. Is your tank 48" length?

Check out GreenTerra's tank with black background and bottom and the GT's colors in this vid- [YT]zK-7SrbrjtM [/YT]

Ticão

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
United States
Thanks everyone, i'll try to add some artificial plants and change the setup a bit, i'm thinking about adding a smaller driftwood to the right corner, creating a new hiding place, to see if i can minimize his aggression...

You guys think i can dilute his aggression by adding other fish ?! Like some convict, or tiger barbs i don't know..... or this will just make everything worse?!

My tank has 120 cm length, which is almost 48" ....

I wish my tank was bigger, than i could add a female JD, a Jag, severum ... hehehe

sAroock

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
Melbourne Australia
convicts94;4453810; said:
Nice setup. And ur right Vieja's male, GT's female and JD's male. :D
How can you tell the Syn is a male just from the picture?

srry to jump in but im also having the same sex identity for my Syn. I dont want to vent it, catching the fish will be messy.

steve_ansell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2011
sussex
You can normally get a good idea of the sex from the shape of the fins and slope of the head. Males have more pointed fins and a steeper head, whereas females fins are more rounded and the head is a quite gradual slope

Ticão

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
United States
14 years later, what a cool surprise to find these pictures! I lost so many of my tank setup pictures and could not remember how these fish looked before. I wish I had posted more of my setups here, didn’t expect to be able to go back to these posts.

That vieja was indeed a male. I rehomed him not long after and he formed a pair with another syns at this other person‘s tank.

I added another female GT to that tank and they lived together for 6 years until they also passed away.

The JD unfortunately passed away at 5yo when I was away on a trip, not entirely sure what happened to him.

The clown loach went to a 180g for a while, I rehomed it when it was 7yo because I was moving to another country.
This is the last crappy picture I have of it. I think it was around 6” when I rehomed it.
2016-06-25 09.02.02.jpeg

I hope any moderators/admin don’t get mad at me for digging this old thread revisiting my memory lane!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store