Puffer ID, baby cross river ?

SmilexGwG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
Well it's been a few weeks since getting the puffer, and it seems like the stripes are becoming more and more solid and im not seeing any orange coloration. He's about 2-3 inches but judging from other pictures of true cross river puffers at the same size, Id say what I got is just a normal fahaka.

Not blaming the seller as telling between this species at these sizes is nearly impossible.

IMG20240717201616.jpg

IMG20240717201610.jpg

IMG20240714231845.jpg

Eelkeeper301

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2021
Well it's been a few weeks since getting the puffer, and it seems like the stripes are becoming more and more solid and im not seeing any orange coloration. He's about 2-3 inches but judging from other pictures of true cross river puffers at the same size, Id say what I got is just a normal fahaka.

Not blaming the seller as telling between this species at these sizes is nearly impossible.

View attachment 1546107

View attachment 1546108

View attachment 1546109
yeah man no sign of cross river pattern on him :( sorry bro.

Eelkeeper301

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2021
True cross river are more than that. Probably a fahaka/hybrid
The guy advertise them as "True Cross River Puffer" i mean the beginning photos where the one he posted on his eBay post and those looked like genuine cross rivers puffers.

SmilexGwG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
The guy advertise them as "True Cross River Puffer" i mean the beginning photos where the one he posted on his eBay post and those looked like genuine cross rivers puffers.
Ya unfortunately I found the same photos on a cross river puffer listing from a different seller and different website. I was hoping the eBay seller ordered from this website and used their pictures, but seeing that there's not much of a price difference between these sellers I don't think it's possible he ordered from they to make a profit...

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because maybe they really looked like that months ago but now that he got them and they grew they don't?

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
How can I prove to eBay I deserve my money back? Can I really get it back, they don't offer returns
Have no clue who you bought them from and they may be an honest seller, especially if they have good reviews. However, if you’re convinced it’s not what you ordered and can’t work it out with the seller, you can always open a claim and let eBay decide. EBay Buyer Protection offers refunds…even if the seller doesn’t.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store