13 yr old Blue Eye Pleco

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Wow! Props to a fellow Colorado MFKer! What are your plans for the breeding program? How do you know his age? Where did you get him from?

Jake Adams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Golden, CO
Angler;3965652; said:
Wow! Props to a fellow Colorado MFKer! What are your plans for the breeding program? How do you know his age? Where did you get him from?
The previous owner of 'Pleek', the blue eye pleeko as he was called, had this specimen in his care for 13 yrs, in addition to two other royal plecos he kept in another tank that were 13 and 20 years in his care. I am a stay-at-home aquarist so I will have plenty of time to devote to the blue eye breeding program. My next step is finding one or more potential suitable mates (the easy part) and then pairing them up (the hard part for such an aggressive species). I think pairing this fish will be more difficult than finding a mate as Pleek has pectoral spines that are approaching 3/4" long and could easily do some damage to another fish.

So needless to say I am looking for a female blue eye pleco to buy or lease, yes lease, hopefully of a larger size than this specimen in order to pair them and breed them.

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Omg thats amazing, that pleco usually runs over 2k$

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I'm normally not a pleco fan per se, but seeing this blue eyes has changed my mind a little...

gregg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
stickney
that is a nice pleco they should breed em more normall plecos are ice but that 1 just stands out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store