300g Tank, Saltwater Groupers, Eels, Livesand, Liverock - Monterey Park, CA - Pick-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluxkenji

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
SOCAL
Sorry about the title violation mods - Same thread - updated title.

It’s time to break down my 300 gallon glass FOWLR tank. The tank was brought in through the window, and now it must go before we get new windows put in. I must get rid of the livestock as well as the live rock and live sand before I can start parting out everything else. I will make another thread with all the parts after these things sell.

Video of the tank, fish, liverock, live sand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OurbxxzpnEo

Livestock

Leaflip (Clown) Grouper ~5” = $40
-I haven’t turned on the lights in a long time, but I just notice that his left eye has somewhat of a cloudy eye. I’ll let him go for $40, since he’ll need some TLC. This grouper is a very slow grower. I've had him for a couple years now from about 3.5"-4" to now, ~5". His diet consists of squid heads, cut shrimp, and fish strips.
-This grouper is small, but the mucous they excrete is poisonous. Larger predators tend to leave them alone.

Blue and Yellow Grouper ~15” = $100
-This grouper grows really fast as I got him when he was about 8". I've had him for a couple years now as well. His diet consists of whole squid, whole shrimp, and fish strips.
-This grouper will kill just about anything that fits in its mouth.
-This grouper does not tolerate other groupers around the same size as it will fight and kill them.

Brown Moray Eel ~ 24” = $50 (or both eels for $100)
-Do not consider putting these eels with Lionfish, as they have already killed two in the past.
-When I bought him his right side of the face was a little white, for what reasons I don’t know. It looks like he got bit in the face a long time ago. His diet consists of whole squid, whole shrimp, and fish strips.

Black/White Moray Eel ~ 24” = $60 (or both eels for $100)
-This eel is the aggressor of the two.
-Do not consider putting these eels with Lionfish, as they have already killed two in the past.
-His diet consists of whole squid, whole shrimp, and fish strips.

Liverock ~ 200 lbs. @ $1.50/lb.
Livesand ~ 100lbs. @ $0.50/lb. or take all of it for $40

-You must bring your own transportation for all of the fish, live rock, and live sand. I'd suggest 5 gallon buckets for the sand, and ice chests for the fish and live rock.
-The fish need to sell first.
-I can help take out the live rock and live sand when you come to pick it up, and at that point we can weigh it on my scale.

Tank, Stand, Canopy Package - $500

Tank: 300 Gallon Glass Tank (96”L x 30”W x24” H)
Glass Thickness 1/2”

Stand: Approx Dimensions (98” L x 31.25” W x 32.5” H) – The stand was painted Brown to match my room in the front and on the right side. I realized that I wanted to paint the stand after I already brought the tank in the house. From that point I realized I couldn’t reach the left side, so I just left it unpainted (it’s cherry stained). I still have the leftover brown paint if you would like to paint the rest.

Canopy: Approx Dimensions (100” L x 32.75” W x 7.75” H) – Canopy was painted Brown

Other Notes about Tank:
-I bought the tank from the previous owner May 10th, 2007. So I’ve had it for almost 4 years. He told me that he had the tank for less than 2 years.
-He told me that he was the first owner of the tank, which makes me the second.
-There are no leaks.
-There are some scratches on the front side of the glass, a lot of the scratches were from the previous owner, and some of the scratches were from the live rock.
-The right bottom border has about a 4” molding section that broke off when we were moving the tank through the window.
-The previous owner had painted the back of the tank black. Some of the paint was chipping off due to the salt.
-I only have a couple perfect glass covers, the rest were all broken or damaged when I bought the tank.
-The Tank is really heavy and I would recommend at least 6 guys to move it.
-The Tank is located in one of the bedrooms, so I will have to take out the window (pretty much break it) when you are ready to pick up the tank. From that point the tank will need to exit through the window along the side of the house and through the gate to the front yard.

I am located in Monterey Park, CA 91754/San Gabriel Valley.

PM IS KEY, Thanks!

fluxkenji

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
SOCAL
Blue and Yellow Grouper - Pending pickup
Black/White Moray Eel - Pending pickup
Livesand - Pending pickup

Leaflip (Clown) Grouper ~5" = $40
Brown Moray ~24" = $50
Live rock ~ 70-80lbs x $1.50/lb. Still available.

fhawk362

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2009
Royal palm beach, FL
Awesome price, good luck.

Toxic Fish 9999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2009
WI
Such a amazing deal to!!!!! Shipping?