8x3x3 catfish

monsterK

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2023
So my buddy like an idiot impulsively bought a phantom Rtc and a hybrid tiger shovelnose that the LFS couldn't keep anymore, they are about 8-9 inches he has a 150 which is comically small, I was planning on taking one of them, but wasn't sure how it would go for a 8x3 and how long one of them could live in there. And what cat would be best. I'll have to rehome one of them eventually but was wondering which one woukd be better for the 8x3.. I do have a 8 year old ray in there

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
So my buddy like an idiot impulsively bought a phantom Rtc and a hybrid tiger shovelnose that the LFS couldn't keep anymore, they are about 8-9 inches he has a 150 which is comically small, I was planning on taking one of them, but wasn't sure how it would go for a 8x3 and how long one of them could live in there. And what cat would be best. I'll have to rehome one of them eventually but was wondering which one woukd be better for the 8x3.. I do have a 8 year old ray in there
Fishman Dave Fishman Dave
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter
wednesday13 wednesday13
Yellowcat Yellowcat
here are some catfish experts

Reactions: tlindsey

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
So let’s start with what you have in the tank already as this isn’t the first post on this tank.
So this is the same tank you were gonna get some mini marble stingray for but you were new to the stingray keeping?
Which now has an eight year old ray in it.
The same tank you were gonna get a tsn for?
Which had peacock bass, arrowana and gar in it?
So are all these fish still in there? And if so what else is, as we only seem to get part of the story with each separate thread posted?

monsterK

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2023
So let’s start with what you have in the tank already as this isn’t the first post on this tank.
So this is the same tank you were gonna get some mini marble stingray for but you were new to the stingray keeping?
Which now has an eight year old ray in it.
The same tank you were gonna get a tsn for?
Which had peacock bass, arrowana and gar in it?
So are all these fish still in there? And if so what else is, as we only seem to get part of the story with each separate thread posted?
Next time I will break down everything in my tank every thread no problem! Yes I also rescued a ray instead of buying a new one my bad brother There is a 8 year old ray in there, 12 Inch black aro, 1 florida gar and 1 kelbri bass

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
You may have a few years or less to keep the RTC and the hybrid in the tank for its size. They may also start eating their tank mates well before that. Whatever fits in their mouth will end up there sooner or later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store