A Small Giant golden gourami

Vlekkie

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Roodepoort
This is my little giant golden gourami. She is a magnificent fish and is becoming jealous when I get visitors. I just love her personality. I've been wondering what I can call her. She love eating crickets and peas.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
It`s so pink! mine is plain white. mine is 2 years old, I can tell you that they grow very fast to the 10"-12" mark and then they slow down and just get thicker for a while.

What tankmates do you have with yours? For the record they HATE silvery fish. I used to have 3 tinfoil barbs and mine would chase them relentlessly, now I have 12 and hes calmed down a lot.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
I use to call mine piglet from Winnie the poo :)

Sent from my LGL86C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Vlekkie

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Roodepoort
I've seen the giant albino gourami before as I bought my girlfriend one, and they are a silver white colour. This girl use to be a light gold colour, but with the Hikari food, crickets and vegetables she became a bright golden colour. I bought her as a giant golden gourami and that is probably why she is that gold colour. The research I've done on them is that they will outgrow that golden colour after a few years. She grew in the 4 weeks I've got her already 2inch(5cm).

I am busy to get her new tank build where is going to stay with my 2 oscars and 2 plecos. She is currently staying alone as my 13.5inch oscars will eat her for a snack.

The big pleco is currently 18inch(46cm)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store