Another stocking question

Greenboy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Derbyshire, UK
So I've got a little 29 gal, a whole load of crushed coral sand, and loads of coral skeletons sitting around doing nothing. I'd like to plop the sand and dead coral into a tank, and i plan to keep the aquarium freshwater or maybe brackish.

I could do with a little advice on stocking said tank. I'm not really looking at getting more African cichlids or livebearers, so I've hit somewhat of a mental wall.

I have a couple 400 gph power heads and some pvc in a cupboard somewhere... so i could create a set up for some hillstream loaches or stiphodons, but I'm not sure how they would to with a sky high pH etc.

Also very interested in a mudskipper tank but i have no experience with brackish water and don't know if i could keep the air humid enough for them.

Those are just the two ideas i have rattling round in my head, any others are welcome. I would like to utilise the coral sand and skeletons in some way but there's no commitment

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I've got a little 29 gal, a whole load of crushed coral sand, and loads of coral skeletons sitting around doing nothing. I'd like to plop the sand and dead coral into a tank, and i plan to keep the aquarium freshwater or maybe brackish.

I could do with a little advice on stocking said tank. I'm not really looking at getting more African cichlids or livebearers, so I've hit somewhat of a mental wall.

I have a couple 400 gph power heads and some pvc in a cupboard somewhere... so i could create a set up for some hillstream loaches or stiphodons, but I'm not sure how they would to with a sky high pH etc.

Also very interested in a mudskipper tank but i have no experience with brackish water and don't know if i could keep the air humid enough for them.

Those are just the two ideas i have rattling round in my head, any others are welcome. I would like to utilise the coral sand and skeletons in some way but there's no commitment

Stiphodon aren't extremely hard to keep but need algae and bio film to graze on.https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/stiphodon-atropurpureus/

Reactions: Greenboy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store