Any monster fish recommendations that can live without an air pump, can breathe air or can live in low oxygenated water?

Fanatic_Fish_Lunatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2024
Hi! This is my first time here. I'm Thai, so don't mind my grammar. I'm planning to make a big pond for community predatory fish as an experiment. Firstly, I need predatory fish or any big fish that aren't predators are also fine. Especially those that can live without an air pump, can breathe air by themselves, or can live in low oxygenated water. Do you guys have any recommendations? At this moment, I have an alligator gar, silver arowana, hoplias malabaricus, clown knife fish, giant gourami, aba aba knife fish, bichirs, channa micropeltes. All are still small. Remember, this is an experiment, mistakes are expected to happen, deaths are expected to happen, since they're all predatory fish, some are bigger than the others when they reach their full size, but I'll try my best to prevent any mistake and death of my fish.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fanatic_Fish_Lunatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2024
Bichirs, gar, gourami, and channa should work. I'd be mindful of fish size and to not overstock. Datnoids from my experience are higher oxygen fish and I've lost one in the past due to filter malfunction.
Thank you, also you're so fast. The pond is going to be big? Around 5 metres in length, 2.5 metres is width and around 1 metres deep+ in the future if something gone wrong, I won't ever release these fish in the nature, I'll probably sell them to other fish keepers. I'm responsible enough 👍👍👍

Fanatic_Fish_Lunatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2024
A
Bichirs, gar, gourami, and channa should work. I'd be mindful of fish size and to not overstock. Datnoids from my experience are higher oxygen fish and I've lost one in the past due to filter malfunction.
And don't worry, now the biggest of them is still 6-7" at best .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store