Anyone watch videos from Farmhouse Aquatics LLP?

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Farmhouse Aquatics LLP is a breeder I came across on YouTube. Some of the most beautiful kamfas I have seen there

The owner does live videos and content is usually pretty good

He touched few good topics in last few about importance of genetics and how flowerhorn specific foods are just marketing even when he sells his own food

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Just want to add sometimes the videos are mundane, he talks about basics of things like heater and gravel cleaner. But does focus on few breeder techniques. It's entertaining though.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Thanks for sharing. I had seen this video a while back but I had forgotten about it. One of the only topics I don't agree with the shop owner is on mixing up their diets. I don't think any living creature should only eat one food for their whole lives. Mixing up their food gives them such a diversity of nutrition and different proteins.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Thanks for sharing. I had seen this video a while back but I had forgotten about it. One of the only topics I don't agree with the shop owner is on mixing up their diets. I don't think any living creature should only eat one food for their whole lives. Mixing up their food gives them such a diversity of nutrition and different proteins.
I didn't come up in his last few videos. He usually recommend (his own) pellets. I think if we look at NLS or northfin pallets, they already have diverse ingredients, I add NLS Algaemax to the mix. I feed some frozen food (spirulina brine shrimp, krill, blood worms) as treat/change/fun few times.

Even though he sales his own food, he is at least honest about genetics define the outcome and food is just there for nutrition.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store