Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
0ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hello Everyone,
I have had a Red Tail Catfish imported from the Amazon basin named Orca.

As always, I like to view all my fish's fecal matter under the microscope, and when I did.
Orca's fecal matter showed me that he was carrying a few ciliates and Nematodes and 4 other micro organisms I have never seen before and I strongly feel like they originate from the Amazon as in my 5 years of fish keeping I haven't encountered them.

(Orca is in the clear now with no evidence there were any parasitic organisms within him except for the 1st image, just wanting an ID)

For the experienced ones, here are a few pictures.

(I am giving MFK another chance after I deleted my account as couldn't stand the experienced ones putting down the beginners)

IMG_20221211_114910274.jpg

IMG_20221203_171603731.jpg

Screenshot_20221211-132651.png

IMG_20221203_171809169_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello Everyone,
I have had a Red Tail Catfish imported from the Amazon basin named Orca.

As always, I like to view all my fish's fecal matter under the microscope, and when I did.
Orca's fecal matter showed me that he was carrying a few ciliates and Nematodes and 4 other micro organisms I have never seen before and I strongly feel like they originate from the Amazon as in my 5 years of fish keeping I haven't encountered them.

(Orca is in the clear now with no evidence there were any parasitic organisms within him except for the 1st image, just wanting an ID)

For the experienced ones, here are a few pictures.

(I am giving MFK another chance after I deleted my account as couldn't stand the experienced ones putting down the beginners)

View attachment 1508600

View attachment 1508601

View attachment 1508606

View attachment 1508607
I don't know what the parasites. Welcome back !!!

Ashton LM Turner

Feeder Fish
Dec 7, 2022
Cornwall UK
The microbes above are A few species of nematode worms and a Lecane Bulla rottifer.
Just for future use if anyone looks at this article.
I am still unsure of the one in the 1st picture.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store