Asian River Catfish. (Hemibagrus nemurus).

mark93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Australia
Just brought 2 of these they are both 20cm. From what i have read they are pretty nasty i have them with 2 peacock bass and a another cat fish not sure what it's called. Is it a case of get the cat fish out before the **** hits the fan the bass are about 35cm

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
pics

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
nice albino asian red tail cat, i think he can handle him self.

Nicko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
england
nice albino asian red tail cat, i think he can handle him self.
no mate your thinking about hemibagrus wyckioides that gets massive and im not sure if ablinos of that specie are avaliable. and i believe the OP was concerned about the cats tearing up his bass they have a nice set of teeth.

Hey mark niiice!! i really like these cats got my eye on one myself. i would recomend you keep them with your other fish but maybe have a standby tank avaliable just incase (that you can fill up and throw an established filter on). it would probably provide any hemibagrus fans out there with valuable information on the potional campatibility of this specie

rock on :headbang2and please keep us updated

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
We have recently discussed this fish: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?498899-Catfish-id&highlight=nemurus

It would appear that the nemurus reputation suffered from much ID confusion. They are aggressive like all Bagridae but Wayne The Pain (who appear to be a high level fishhead) states that they are nothing close to their close relatives ARTC wyckioides and Crystal-eyed wyckii.

This is in relation to other fish... mostly bottom dwellers but not only - depends on the tank size. I am sure they will stop tolerating their own kind with bigger size, as all literature on Hemibagrus says and just like my 4 wyckiies did. If you continue keeping them together after they start fighting, you will have just one very soon.

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
Planetcatfish says these things get just as nasty as the other ones. "An aggressive loner. As with other Hemibagrus specis, very intolerant of other fish inhabiting the same tank. What it cannot eat, it will kill out of spite." Be careful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store