Banjo Minnow 006 - TV Add Myth or Fishing Legend

Anubisscott

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2009
Enid, OK
www.facebook.com
I have gotten back into fishing and have considered giving these babies a try. I see alot of companies design lures that try to do the same thing these seem to do. So figure I might give them a try next time I see their commercial. Also seems alot cheaper when you see how many lures and items you get compared to similar ones at BassPro. Please feel free to share your experiances if you have some with this lure.

[YT]OxXLUQweszE[/YT]

Motoxer777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Santa Paula
Rattle trap, spinners, crank bait, and robo worm work well. these look ok too but you can use almost any soft bait and have the same effect as these. just be sure you jig as you reel in. robo worm is a soft bait that i find works well. bass like rattles and vibration tho. thats where the crank bate and rattle traps come into play. but fish never bite on only one thing. you need to keep trying different stuff as you fish. theres not just one thing that the fish want or there would only be one company in business lol. go rip some lip!

Anubisscott

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2009
Enid, OK
www.facebook.com
Rattle trap, spinners, crank bait, and robo worm work well. these look ok too but you can use almost any soft bait and have the same effect as these. just be sure you jig as you reel in. robo worm is a soft bait that i find works well. bass like rattles and vibration tho. thats where the crank bate and rattle traps come into play. but fish never bite on only one thing. you need to keep trying different stuff as you fish. theres not just one thing that the fish want or there would only be one company in business lol. go rip some lip!
I deffinently agree, but by the looks of it these just go one step further. Also, most of those lures are more expensive when you divy it up. Went fishing in one spot and used all of those and the bass just were not intrested. Would have been great to have some of these to try.

Motoxer777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Santa Paula
yes. they made them the same as a swimbait witch i like. swimbate are expensive and run anywhere from 15 dollars and up depending on size and they have the same concept as these little guys.

dcorreia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Sacramento
I bought the original bango minnow back in the 90's. I actual still have them which tells you how often I have used them. I've caught some fish but havent had much luck. They are too lite and sink very slowly. When you add weight it losses a lot of action. I'm not a big fan.

Mavrick813

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Hamilton, NJ
I bought the original bango minnow back in the 90's. I actual still have them which tells you how often I have used them. I've caught some fish but havent had much luck. They are too lite and sink very slowly. When you add weight it losses a lot of action. I'm not a big fan.
Same here, I got them as a gift and Re-gifted them to a nephew.

Mike

PS: I'm a big fan of these,
http://www.jerrysflies.com/site/1539927/page/924851

And these
http://fishingtraveler.com/top-5-fishing-lures-for-a-canadian-fishing-trip/

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i have used them alot and my friend also uses them alot. the time and place for them is in surface to just under the surface presintation and at a quick jurking retrive. we catch hundreds of bass and pike on them with this retrive. you just have to work them like you would work a spook on the top. if you try to fish them like a plastic worm witch most do you'll get nothing. don't get the ones that have the foil inside as they don't have much action. just like all lures they have a place and time to be effective. these are best as a quick, erratic bait, not as the slow worm style they are sold as. i am a topwater guy so maybe thats why i like them. since i get to watch the bait come in and see the fish explode on it.

one ex. of a time and place. my friend just drifted down a smaller river last week for an all day trip. he got 3x 18" smallies, 2x 16" smallies, 10x 14" smallies and 15 pike. he uses banjo minnows on this river exclusivly, while his dad uses spinnerbaits and stickbaits. his dad caught 4x 16" smallies and 3 pike. this get repeated over and over.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
banjo woirks. robo worm works. If you can find it. The FLYING LURE works when ponds are coverd in lillypads. and fishing under structure. piers trees bushs they do great in ponds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store