Big Fat Giraffe

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Ok here's my fatty. He's about 18" the tank is a 220 so it's about 23" wide Inside to inside so you can get an idea of how large he is.

Look at the clown knives head see the teeth marks from my dorado. I don't think hes' getting mean I think the clown made him mad sometime while I was sleeping.

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
Lookin good. He's a little bigger than mine

Who gets more food the niger or the giraffe ??

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Looking good. Are all the marks on the knife from the dorado or is someone else messing with him? When the giraffe outgrows your 220 let me know :) (it makes me miss mine)

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
GhostShrimpMan;3929954; said:
:ROFL: I was expecting a real Giraffe
lol

BlackShark11k;3930032; said:
nice giraffe!!! love the setup. full tank shot...? :D
I'll get some more pics sometime but I'm not sure when. full tank shots just don't look good with the camera I have.

new2natives;3930199; said:
Lookin good. He's a little bigger than mine

Who gets more food the niger or the giraffe ??
It's a toss up they seem to get about the same amount. The giraffe however will go after shrimp and the niger won't. But they eat about the same and with the same intensity.

KNH;3930230; said:
Looking good. Are all the marks on the knife from the dorado or is someone else messing with him? When the giraffe outgrows your 220 let me know :) (it makes me miss mine)
I know that one set of marks is the dorado I mean when I first saw it it was a prefect indent of his teeth but I think at least some of the other marks are from the niger. He's srapped up almost everyone in the tank with his spines. He got the giraffe again last week but not that bad.

I'll let you know if he gets to big for me. I hope He'll slow down. lol

polish;3930232; said:
I wish I could find a Giraffe around here, awesome fish.

Nice Niger and Ray too...
This guy wasn't easy to find It took a lot of asking around but finally a LFS got them in. I bought two but one died at 8" for no reason. He looked like he had a stroke or seizur. it was sad.

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Awesome giraffe koop.
I got 2 of them not to long ago and they are great. Always swimming and feeling around with those spider whiskers that they have. They are also HUGE pigs when it comes to feeding time.
Is yours the same?

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
doubledragon;3930723; said:
Awesome giraffe koop.
I got 2 of them not to long ago and they are great. Always swimming and feeling around with those spider whiskers that they have. They are also HUGE pigs when it comes to feeding time.
Is yours the same?

He's pretty mellown unless he's hungry then he's all over the tank. I feed twice a day and he's always swimming when it comes time for food.

and yes he's a pig him and the niger eat a ton of food. I'll go through a pound of pellet in less then 3 weeks. Not counting all the shrimp and silversides

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store