big pleco species

Kramer123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2011
Victoria B.C.
hi, i was just wondering what some larger pleco species are out there. what types would be able to safely live with a TSN and an RTC? they would also be with large arowanas, snakeheads, pacus and some 16"+ cichlids. thanks. kramer

Kramer123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2011
Victoria B.C.
thanks this really helping

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
BigO6687;4867899; said:
adonis

gets to 3ft
Man those things are rediculously big.

Jackson

Piranha
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto
Just go to any LFS that takes trade ins. You will be able to find a huge common for cheap that way. I would only put a common in with those fish. It's risky putting a high priced pleco with that mix.

Blub Blub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Virginia
Not all plecos that are called "common" get large, but many do. There are ways to tell the differance, I just don't know how. You can count the number of spines in the fins or something like that. Maybe someone that knows will chime in.

Jackson;4868013; said:
Just go to any LFS that takes trade ins. You will be able to find a huge common for cheap that way. I would only put a common in with those fish. It's risky putting a high priced pleco with that mix.
:iagree:That's what I did after keeping a "common" several years that never got over six inches. In the fall months many owners bring in pond monsters before the weather gets too cold.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store