Blue eyed pleco

commanderwho89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2013
United States
to rotaryp04s, how about you give me your l24 LOL JK! but yea this thread is pointless without a pic. You should find out just by looking at the species and check it out on planetcatfish.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
IT CALL A BLUE EYES ROYAL OR BLUE EYES PANAQUE. :duh:
They're actually called Panaque cochliodon or Panaque suttonorum. Common names like the ones you mention are basically meaningless and very confusing, as this thread has demonstrated. If only people weren't so hung up about using Latin....

jonathan7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Like i said the info that i got from the store is all i have that can justify now lets stop the arguments so you can go harass someone else just answer if it is a good deal.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Until pics or receipt of this Suttoni or Cochliodon this tread is pretty much a .....

View attachment 906576
They're actually called Panaque cochliodon or Panaque suttonorum. Common names like the ones you mention are basically meaningless and very confusing, as this thread has demonstrated. If only people weren't so hung up about using Latin....
Thanks for your input but I already said that, and he still call them BLUE EYED PLECO.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
to rotaryp04s, how about you give me your l24 LOL JK! but yea this thread is pointless without a pic. You should find out just by looking at the species and check it out on planetcatfish.
Like i said the info that i got from the store is all i have that can justify now lets stop the arguments so you can go harass someone else just answer if it is a good deal.
YES IT A GR8 DEAL YOU SHOULD STOCK UP ON THEM.

Jackson

Piranha
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto
If you're only interested in the fish because it is or might be a great deal don't buy it. That's just my opinion on the subject

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

commanderwho89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2013
United States
Very true. buy it if you really want it and you believe its a good deal with no regrets! =) but it be nice to know the exact species instead of "blue eyed pleco". I know the fish store I used to work at, Neptune's Aquatics have plecos labeled as blue eyed but its just bushynose.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Thanks for your input but I already said that, and he still call them BLUE EYED PLECO.
You're not wrong, he can call them anything he likes, that the fun part of common names. If he wants to call it a blue eyed hairy face monster rock fish then there's nothing stopping him.

In fact I think I might start calling my L190s pyjama plecs because of the stripes...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store