USA
wednesday13 wednesday13

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Are the adhesives used to bond pvc sheets aquarium safe? thank you
id say yes as there used for pvc plumbing by the masses. They do make pvc tanks but there heat welded together so theres no solvent or adhesive used. Im not sure if sheets have ever been fused with solvent like with pipe, but it is possible.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
id say yes as there used for pvc plumbing by the masses. They do make pvc tanks but there heat welded together so theres no solvent or adhesive used. Im not sure if sheets have ever been fused with solvent like with pipe, but it is possible.
Can i use stainless steel screws?

Reactions: AR1

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Can i use stainless steel screws?
Ive used screws with 1/2 polypropylene which is pretty similiar… def. drill out a small pilot hole first and possibly use a jig so everything is straight. The material is pretty soft and expands a bit so its easy to blow out the sides.

Reactions: AR1

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Ive used screws with 1/2 polypropylene which is pretty similiar… def. drill out a small pilot hole first and possibly use a jig so everything is straight. The material is pretty soft and expands a bit so its easy to blow out the sides.
Thank you. any particular screw you like?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Thank you. any particular screw you like?
F fishdance may have more to offer than myself on this. I think i remember him talking about building tanks this way with screws and silicone. I had some left over polypropylene from a tank build i used for one of my wifes projects not underwater related 😂… i used an assortment of screws found in a drawer lol… any kind of stainless would work id imagine.

Reactions: Charney
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store