Breeding Adonis Pleco

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Hi,
I have a 26 inch adonis pleco and was looking to get another one and was wondering if there was any possibility if breeding them and if the gender can be determined. If these fish can be sexed i would post the required pictures to sex it but i don't want to pick it up unless i have to. If there is anyone on here who breeds them any tips would be greatly appreciated, such as if they breed in slate caves or mud banks. Thanks!!

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
I don't know about breeding them. But I had one and they are a awesome pleco.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Hi,
I have a 26 inch adonis pleco and was looking to get another one and was wondering if there was any possibility if breeding them and if the gender can be determined. If these fish can be sexed i would post the required pictures to sex it but i don't want to pick it up unless i have to. If there is anyone on here who breeds them any tips would be greatly appreciated, such as if they breed in slate caves or mud banks. Thanks!!
don't know how to breed them, but would love to see pics if possible! :D

PseudaSmart

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
Michigan
A guy at The Shedd was successful about 4 years back. The parents were big but a don't remember the size. I got to see the fry when they were about 2 months old.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Heres it in acclimationimage.png
I would pick it up and get better pictures of it but it gets scratched every time i pick it up.

Reactions: MHDevelopments

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Pictures from directly above should be enough to sex. The body shapes of males and females would be different speaking in general terms about how other plecos are seed. Goodluck finding another large one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store