Breeding rack pump suggestings?

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
I'm in the process of setting up a breeding rack for 17 tanks. The top shelf is six 40 breeders and the middle shelf is eleven 20 longs. Please excuse the 12th 20 long in the drawing. I added an extra by mistake. Everything will be hardlined into a 100 gallon sump. I am using 3/4 inch bulkheads. The drain line is 1 inch PVC and the return line is 3/4 inch. Every tank also has a large sponge filter fed by a central air pump just in case I need to isolate the tank. What is stumping me is what return pump to go with. What flow rate should I be looking for and if anyone has any pump suggestions?

The tenants of the tanks will mostly be different species of Swordtails, Mollies and Amatitlania. The Amatitlania are kanna and nanoluteus that I currently have. The Swordtails are Xiphophorus continens, pygmaeus and montezumae. The Mollies are Poecilia latipinna and velifera. Finally, one of the 40 breeders will house Zoogoneticus tequila that are currently breeding like rabbits in my 125.

Diagram not quite scale but I did what I could. Computers hate me and I'm lucky that I made it look as good as I did.
Blue = return line
Yellow = drain
Top = 40 breeders
Middle = 20 longs
Bottom = 100 gallon sump / 20 long quarantine tanks (not pictured)

Rack layout.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store