Cabelas/Bass Pro Giant Tank

KelberiFishLover19

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2018
Anyone been to a cabelas or a bass pro and seen their giant tank? Usually they just have LGM Bass, bluegill, catfish, trout, etc. All the fish are usually found commonly in all states ponds, lakes or rivers but they come from a farm. I went to a Cabelas near me and was just watching the fish. There was this guy who was behind me and asked jokingly if I wanted to get a fishing rod and go fishing for them. It turned out that the guy was the owner of the company Aquatica. He aquascaped the tank and picked out all the fish. I then talked about all the fish I have kept and he was super impressed and decided to take me behind the scenes and show me all the filtration and everything that went into the tank. Wow, I thought I had a lot of filtration on my tank. This place was crazy. After, we went above the trout tank and fed them pellets. They were jumping all over the place for them. I just wanted to share what a cool experience this was. Also, has anyone seen any exotics in any of their tanks? I have seen one with giant PB and arowana. He also told me if I ever have any monster fish to bring them to him and he will put them in one of his tanks he did for cabelas or bass pro.

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
That is really cool. I remember back in the 70s I got to tour "behind the scenes" at Belle Isle Aquarium in Detroit with Jim Langhammer, who was the curator back then. Never have forgotten it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds like you had a good time on the guided behind the scenes tour.I'm not sure where you are but there is a Cabellas here in Pennsylvania that I visited a few years ago and their big tank was stocked with about a hundred young pike or muskies.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I was at my local BPS a couple weeks ago, and the tank had the usual, local suspects and a bunch of really large, land locked salmon.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wouldn't mind seeing a live salmon up close.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I saw one on my hook once, and only once. Greatest fish I ever caught.
It was just a Kokanee though. Very tasty too.

My folks just weren't fish people. They were techies before that was a word.

We were the only people in rural Minnesota that didn't go fishing.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I saw one on my hook once, and only once. Greatest fish I ever caught.
It was just a Kokanee though. Very tasty too.

My folks just weren't fish people. They were techies before that was a word.

We were the only people in rural Minnesota that didn't go fishing.
Kokanee?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The one near me, in brandon, has pbass, channel cats, gar, red fish bowfin and snook. Will get pics next time.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Whaaat. That is the coolest story ever, that would be my dream come true.

There is a bps near me and they have lots of trout, want to say some sturgeon but it’s been a few years since I have been there.

Reactions: KelberiFishLover19

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Binomial name
Scientific classificationedit
Kokanee salmon
Kokanee salmon.jpg
Schooling in a stream near Lake Tahoe, California.
Kingdom:Animalia
Phylum:Chordata
Class:Actinopterygii
Order:Salmoniformes
Family:Salmonidae
Genus:Oncorhynchus
Species:O. nerka
Oncorhynchus nerka
(Walbaum, 1792)
The kokanee salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka), also known as the kokanee trout, little redfish, silver trout, kikanning, silver salmon, Kennerly’s salmon, Kennerly’s trout, or Walla,[1] is the non-anadromous form of the sockeye salmon (meaning that they do not migrate to the sea, instead living out their entire lives in freshwater

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store