Can’t see movement anymore in pregnant ray

anthonyawdish

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2024
I have a pregnant golden base albino pearl and she is roughly a week out from birth, she still eats like a champ but it’s been over a week sense I’ve been able to confirm pup movement, granted she NEVER stops moving so it’s very difficult to get a good look but I’ve tried for hours over the last few days, I did add another ray to the system (separate from her but same tank) which i believe was the cause of a small spike in nitrite, I’ve sense upped water changes but nitrates are still really high, just wondering if anyone has any input on weather or not I should be worried about the pups

Reactions: FrancisFloe

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I have a pregnant golden base albino pearl and she is roughly a week out from birth, she still eats like a champ but it’s been over a week sense I’ve been able to confirm pup movement, granted she NEVER stops moving so it’s very difficult to get a good look but I’ve tried for hours over the last few days, I did add another ray to the system (separate from her but same tank) which i believe was the cause of a small spike in nitrite, I’ve sense upped water changes but nitrates are still really high, just wondering if anyone has any input on weather or not I should be worried about the pups
They usually stop eating right before birthing… might have a bit to go yet…
Its also possible for her to abort or absorb the pups IME also. Its never a sure thing 100% of the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store