Channa stewartii eating problem

raff113

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
west midlands
Hi I have a pair of stewartii and I feed twice a week , but when I feed them the female hides till I move away then if there is food spare she will chew it then spit it out so I'm thinking there is something wrong , any help guys

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
what r u giving them ,,, give them worms or shrimps , I feed them shrimps they love it

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
What are your temps at? At this time of year they should be heading into a winter cycle and their appetite can drop off , twice a week fall feedings is probably more then they it needs. so I wouldn't worry,& just reduce the feedings to avoid the waste.

I find this especially true with the males who also tend to and become quite reclusive and retreat into their favorit cave for the winter , I Find the females tend to remain more active but should still be fed less in winter months or they are prone to obisiety .

Last edited:

raff113

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
west midlands
Temps around 22 there isn't a heater in tank so will drop when it gets colder , out the 2 the male feeds fine it's like a pig but the other only gets something when the other is full up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store