Austin, Tx
Don't keep Sugar Gliders by themselves
They are very needy and must have companionship

red devil123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2009
Fort Wayne
get a chinchilla they are amazing and have a ton of personality and they are fun to watch:D

Bogwoodbruce

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2007
Rotherham, UK
www.facebook.com
Id definately go for a chincilla, ive kept them myself very nice pets not the best animal for handling but are lovely and not too difficult to eat, just remember to watch their diet.

Theres sugargliders at my college and they do have more specific requirements and are nocurnal so you wont see them much and im not sure what the flying squirrel is sorry.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Check your laws to see what is allowed...I've always wanted to have a sugar glider but now I have heard that they are illegal in my state.

BMFG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2010
ft collins, co
chinchillas are great and i have owned them... be careful as they will chew whatever they can but have super personalities and will sit on your shoulder/head .. sugar gliders are great as well jsut need a few as they need company and attention..

i would go with a chin..just make sure you put the cage up pretty high as it helps them with security issues

_Jessica_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
MA
Chinchilla...try and find a baby, see how easy it is to handle, etc. Just make sure you can provide the cooler temps they need, and that your house dosen't get too hot...they overheat very quickly.

Sylvias

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2010
Somewhere
I would go with sugar glider simply because they don't have rodent teeth.... being that they aren't rodents.... Would much rather be bitten by something with cat like teeth than something with rodent teeth...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store