Cichla Rio Xingu

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Im going to add a horrible picture to this thread but I just got my pinima in yesterday and my tem. They are only 4 inches but there is a very clear difference between the 2.
This picture was taken 5 min after I got them out of the bags ill get a better one tomorrow when the lights go on. Tem is in the back

Sent from my MB860 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Dibs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wheatgerm

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
utah
Dibs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
/\/\Haha :D

Here's a better pic. Im no id expert but I can tell you yours are not pinima they look alot similar to my temensis. isn't that what mark said they were earlier?

Sent from my MB860 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1362253157820.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362253168905.jpg

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
yeah they all look real confusing. What we can be sure of is that, temensis, pinima, are all the long body giant peacock type, also includes vazzelori, jarianii, etc. I am also growing out a group right now that look very different than side by side temensis, but share similarities. Only time will tell, I'm worried that some will not look obviously different until they hit sub adult or adult size, which is 15" or more probably

DammitKhoa

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2011
MD
I saw that thread today. Pretty interesting.. did anyone find out what those "tems" turned out to be? I sure see the difference now with tems and pinimas but I've changed my mind a billion times already lol. I'm done guessing. But there was a comment that about the absence of the 3rd bar as a dot for pinimas. Both the venezuela tems & sp. rio xingu do have a bar, though it doesn't go all the way down

insane gold and cheek markings on those tems :WHOA:

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
yeah they all look real confusing. What we can be sure of is that, temensis, pinima, are all the long body giant peacock type, also includes vazzelori, jarianii, etc. I am also growing out a group right now that look very different than side by side temensis, but share similarities. Only time will tell, I'm worried that some will not look obviously different until they hit sub adult or adult size, which is 15" or more probably
Please do share. Pics are worth a 1000 words.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store