Convicts fighting ruthlessly

sean2024

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2024
Maine
Hi, i could use some help on my two convicts. My two convicts (female and male) have been fighting very very badly during meal times the past two days. I just gave them shrimp and they were fighting horribly over the brine shrimp, mostly the female attacking the male. They rolled around in the corner of the tank on top of gravel biting each other i mean literally 15+ times at one time. The female would not let the male leave the log, the male would keep getting chased and bit endlessly and he kept trying to hide in the log and the female chased him out biting him. The male also hid behind the log to and the female would not let him come out, this happened many times. Besides these times the male would hide and the female would go eat n as soon as the male came out to eat, she chased him and bit him badly. I never seen the male do this but was breathing very heavy at the top of the tank under the filter. This isnt even half of the fight, it was horrible. I know these guys are ruthless but is this normal? Lol. They are all torn up bad. Fins and tails frayed up badly. So its funny, the male always chased the female up until i rearranged their decor over a week ago, then once i eliminated their territories by doing that, they were lovey dovey for the past week, and as of two dayd ago the female is doing this. The male fights back at times but has been minimal. I have some pics here.

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2409.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

IMG_2399.jpeg

IMG_2405.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com