Decisions? flowerhorn decisions??

R3yisking2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2019
Opinions would be nice..FYI I am new to FH community (bout a month already)..so as I see FH being sold in all diff platforms ..I see these really nice ones of course(nice pearls kok structure)..now I wonder ..if those came from a batch -how many of that batch came out good like nice FH I see in pic..which leads me to think.. what happens to the “ugly” ones..and why are they ugly if they all came from same batch??..since I bought my FH fry from LFS and just randomly picked out my own FH ..I mean seeing my lil dude at about .5-1” to what he is now ..now can the 25 FH fry I seen to pick mines out..the best of that batch?...how do u feel about purchasing a fry or buy a 3-4” FH somewhat impressive already?..

D8D85F29-C08C-4990-993B-62641DE35C44.jpeg

2E2BCEAA-8BCB-49EA-AD40-FC3771609235.jpeg

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
The fun part of buying a fry is seeing the transition and growth of your flowerhorn. If u buy a pre-groomed "good looking" flowerhorn, the challenge is to maintain and make it more good looking. Either way its your flowerhorn. As for the "ugly" ones usually some breeders give them away or use it as a food ( I kno in humane). Some groomers has an eye on the ones with a potential. Enjoy your new flowerhorn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store