Difference Between Red-Eye Albino Giant Gourami & Black-Eye Albino Giant Gourami

Sidrock

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Bombay, India
Guys,

I have this White Giant Gourami which I presume is Albino (because it's WHITE!!). Yet, it's eyes do not seem red/albino-like but seem black.

Are the red-eye & black-eye GGs different species? What's going on here?

The pic below is from December & this fella has grown about 4-5 inches since then. He is pretty aggressive as expected & shares his tank with aggressive Cichlids (namely: Jaguar & Oscars)

I am trying to sell this one. However, a recent deal seems to have gone sour due to the fact that this fish has black eyes instead of red. I can't tell why this matters.

peewee

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
that's a golden variant of the gg, not albino at all. as we all know in order to be considered albino it should have red eyes, at least in fishes.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Peewee. Tell us more on these GG. I just posted a thread prior and did not seeing this. I have a 4" Albino red eye GG with pics. I'm trying to obtain more info but not very much is provided on the internet. Thanks

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
To add, this one is more of a white sheen than the traditional white GG I've seen. I've seen the black eye white/golden variant in juveniles and adults in person many times. As stated above, never an albino version.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Anyone know what the differences are other than appearance? Such as market price for each one and if they're uncommon here in the U.S.?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store