Jun 20, 2024
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
5ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I purchase a large angel about a 2-3 weeks ago. He suddenly looked more bloated in his stomach and kept a close eye on him, overnight it seemed to get really bad that his eyes were popping out and scales were (pineconeing). And he was like a bobber facing straight up to the surface of the water.

he’s currently in a 10 gal quarantine tank with aquarium salt and day 2 of Kanaplex. He still will not eat and seems to not be losing the bloat look. However he is able to swim around now.

kanaplx says to dose every other day for 3 days and doesn’t give anymore instructions afterword.

IMG_6229.jpeg

IMG_6230.jpeg

IMG_6231.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: danotaylor

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Cont the kanamycin. Can add epsom salt 3-5tbsp per 5g.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
In my experience, once the scales protrude from the swollen belly the internal organs do not function and it's osmoregulation is caput, it is a done deal. If it were me I would euthanize this poor fish. It is suffering. Sorry bud :shakehead

Last edited:
Reactions: Pjv81 and kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store