Eheim Pro 3e Problems

CanadaPleco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2006
CANADA
www.canadapleco.com
Is anyone else having problems with this filter?

I have a lot of experiance with Eheims, I've got nearly every Pro model out there. But for some reason I cannot for the life of me get the 2078 primed and working properly.

I eventually took a powerhead and and blew water through the inlet with the filter unplugged to get all the air out of the system. Okay, plug in Eheim should work just fine. NOPE, stupid LED's blink up and down, up and down, then eventaully the bottom 3 are lit up. Ok, read manual some more, move filter up higher and shorten tubing, re-prime, same bottom 3 lights come on and no flow from the filter...

Anyone else had these problems and know how the heck to fix them?

Rich

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Make sure that there are no loops or bumps in the intake tubing. The filter will calibrate when first plugged in, and takes 3-4 to get fully setup. Once it gets setup, if it still isn't flowing, pump the priming button. Are you using the tubing that came with it, or the upgrade kit?

CanadaPleco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2006
CANADA
www.canadapleco.com
I am using the standard inlet, not the upgrade kit :( No kinks or anything in the tubing either. no air (or very little) in the tubing as I primed it with a pump.

Ya after calibration it just goes straight to the bottom 3 LED's lit up like a christmas tree. I LOVE eheim's (I've got 7 of em) but I am not loving this filter at all so far, and it was expensive as hell.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
That top tray with the blue filter pad cannot have water in it when starting the filter up. If you pumped the water in, it is likely that the top got filled with water, and that is the cause of the failure. Dump the canister completely, start the siphon and allow it to begin filling, and plug it in. By the time it gets filled, the pump should come online. Mine started right up. This one operates much the same as the pro 3.

Just curious, how much did you pay for the filter?

CanadaPleco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2006
CANADA
www.canadapleco.com
okay i now hate this damn filter.... it works for 15 mins then the bottom 3 LED's go on and the filter stops working... well looking up what these LED combinations means, says I gotta clean the filter. Well **** its a brand new filter is it clean, very clean.... agh this thing is a $350 POS!!!!

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
those germans:screwy: always got to make things difficult.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
It can also mean that the suction tube is too long. How long is yours, and does it run diagonally at all?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store