MFK Member
Apr 7, 2020
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Any experts on EBA? I have a male EBA whose rectum looks unusual. I'm worried, he stopped eating and floating at the top, or sometimes face down. I think he is constipated but I've never seen anything like this! Best way to describe it: in the same day, looked like he had a yellow white tube coming out of his rectum, like an umbilical cord but it wasn't hanging out like a string, both ends were still inside rectum like someone pulled it through from the center.

Anyways, it's hard to describe, later on that day that was gone and then a huge circular poop poking out, but it looked very dense and fibrous, it was creepy, like 100 spider legs. And now, late in the night, poop is gone, tube is gone, but it still doesn't look normal, it is swollen, no discoloration whatsoever just look big and has something white sticking out of it.

So in conclusion I have no idea what is happening or have a clue what to do...

Hopefully photos will help. I've never seen anything like this with ANY of the fish I have.

He is the only one who is suffering with this, he won't eat ANYTHING! I did frozen peas, nothing, garlic guard nope! I have done a dose of general cure, I also did some salt and that helped with the poop, I am doing water changes to keep him comfortable and clean...

What is it? What am I dealing with? What else can I do?

Thank you for reading, please help. I love this dude and his life partner Blue will miss him if I can't save him ?

Screenshot_20210409-224614_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-224650_Video Editor.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-224952_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-224936_Video Player.jpg

View attachment 1457117

Screenshot_20210409-225533_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member