European Perch

e40-zex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
romania
Hello :) This is my first thread so .. if i have some mistakes sorry.. :D . Had anyone tried to keep somne european redfin perch ?!

Gucci

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2007
Germany
I was netting with a friend for feeders, about a year ago, and when i got the net out of the water a 14'' perch was in it. It seemed like he had tried to eat the small fish in the net. I took him with me and he went to my tropical fish in the tank. He had no problems with the warmer water.
Now he is in a large outside pond with other perches and still doing fine.

Oh, and welcome to MFK.

perchkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
Holland
I actually have a few European perch in my pond. 1 is about 15" and the other tree are about 8". They eat almost everything what fits in their mouth, verry cool fish to have.

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
i used to have one of about 10" in a 5x2x2 aquarium,over time they get fairly tame and take most foods but prefer small frozen fish and earthworms,mine eventually went to my brother inlaws pond when i returned to tropicals,but one day i would love to have a native tank again

e40-zex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
romania
man those perch look awesome in those tanks!! Cichlas what does those perch eat? small roaches ? .. oh .. and by the way had anyone tried to keep chub too ? :)

TIGERFISH24K

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
u.k
I have kept perch and pike both in the same aquarium a few years ago in a 6 foot tank, both stunning fish to keep, perch have very nice colours and are extremely aggressive and will swallow anything they can, and the same goes for pike, my largest perch was about 13 to 14 inches and pike grew to over two feet in no time, and i just released them back into the river where i live, i would recomend keeping both these species if you are into predatory fish.

e40-zex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
romania
I know that perch are very teritorial ... and that is the reason they are so agressive ... i have a small lake near my house ... i'll go there these days and catch some perch . I don't know if i really want to keep pike`s ... i've heard that they grow really quick ... and they eat A LOT ... maybe i`ll keep chub ... i love predatory fish :) ..

e40-zex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
romania
So... these perch .. what do they eat ?! i heard they eat small fishes .. or even bigger size . And if i need one .. with what can i catch it ?!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store