Florida Biotope back up and running!

Loganfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2024
The other day I was able to set it back up. After a few days I added the two (could be more) remaining Ghost Shrimp and the Speckled Madtom back into the tank. Same with the Apple Snail shell the other day. Still want to get some Cypress Knees or Stumps and leaf litter to tan the water but other wise it’s about complete. There’s some Duckweed in there hopefully it grows. I e never had success with Duckweed. Other plants I wanna try out are V. Americana. I have a Everglades Pygmy Sunfish (as well as another fish which I reveal later) coming on Wednesday from Jonah’s Aquariums.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Loganfish Loganfish , it would be helpful if you could keep your Florida Biotope posts all in one topic/thread so we can follow along with your journey.

This can also be helpful for you so you know what changes you made from start to finish including tank size, fish added/removed, plants added/removed, substrate, rocks, wood, etc. Think of it as a journal or diary so you can look back at what works and what doesn't.

Loganfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2024
Just got the Everglades Pygmy Sunfish! First newly bought fish addition for the Biotope! Unfortunately the Speckled Madtom didn’t make it because I didn’t acclimate long enough. At least that’s the assumption but the Ghost Shrimp did fine so I’m not sure about the Speckled Madtom situation.

image.jpg

Loganfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2024
Well as some may know I had to dismantle it again. This time I had to move all fish to a temporary holding tank. The Everglades Pygmy Sunfish died from an unknown reason and now the tank is home to about three Ghost Shimp and my Central Mudminnow. The first Mudminnow acclimated horribly. Hope this one does good. Acclimated it for a while but looks bad. Might just let it be if the Mudminnow doesn’t do well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store