Flowerhorn ID sold as Magma

Joshwallacelc9

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2019
I'm new to the forum. But I just wanted to get you guys opinion! I bought this at my local fish store. It was sold as Magma! Just wanted to know if that's what it is! Right at 4" from Head to top of tail!

Last edited:

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Welcome to MFK and the world of Flowerhorns, however with the quality of this fish I'm thinking this might not be your first Flowerhorn. He is really nice looking. His pearls are stunning. Great shaped face and kok. The Magma was a breed created several years ago. They were very uncommon. I can't remember which part of Asia, or what breeder, ultimately received credit for creating the Magma but the breed was very rare. Your fish could have parts of his genes that come from a magma line. The red under the pearls looks very strong and as he ages the pearls will probably space apart a little more which will reveal a little more of that intense red. That white border on his tail fin indicated he is growing well, look at all the new fin he is forming. Keep the updates coming.

Reactions: Joshwallacelc9

Joshwallacelc9

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2019
Thank you very much for the information, very helpful! Yes this is my 3rd! I have had just normal FH then I got a red dragon, but I ended up getting rid of them I grew them up and they just had really bad genetics not any potential! But then I came across this one and I'll def. Keep him! Iv done some research online but I cant find alot of info on the magma line! And I'll def. Keep posting on the progress on him! Thank you again for your information! Very helpful!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store