Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
Non
If yes, what is your nitrite?
Low
If yes, what is your nitrate?
Low
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
So i recently aquired a kamfa flowerhorn and a zhen zhu flowerhorn same tank in a 75 the kamfa is a bit bigger seem to get along hoping for a mating pair long story short big guy might have nipped at lil one and now has a pretty deep tail split and im wondering if it will grow back? And help with be much appreciated thx put 2 bad pics of the lil he wouldnt come to the front so its zoomed but the kamfa is always front and center :) had to post him to

1000007749.jpg

1000007748.jpg

1000007744.jpg

Reactions: AR1

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
So i recently aquired a kamfa flowerhorn and a zhen zhu flowerhorn same tank in a 75 the kamfa is a bit bigger seem to get along hoping for a mating pair long story short big guy might have nipped at lil one and now has a pretty deep tail split and im wondering if it will grow back? And help with be much appreciated thx put 2 bad pics of the lil he wouldnt come to the front so its zoomed but the kamfa is always front and center :) had to post him to

View attachment 1549953

View attachment 1549954

View attachment 1549955
Welcome to MFK!

To help with the healing, keep the water as clean as possible, and make sure the little one isn’t being bullied too much. Once those factors are under control, the tail should heal up nicely over time. Best of luck!

Reactions: tlindsey

eli_kasper

Feeder Fish
Sep 27, 2024
Welcome to MFK!

To help with the healing, keep the water as clean as possible, and make sure the little one isn’t being bullied too much. Once those factors are under control, the tail should heal up nicely over time. Best of luck!
Okay thank you yea i put a divider in once i noticed the damage

Reactions: danotaylor and AR1

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

View attachment 1549953

View attachment 1549954

View attachment 1549955
Welcome aboard

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
If the tear extends into the caudal peduncle it may not heal fully. The peduncle is like our nail bed, which if damaged, does not grow back in the same way as prior to the damage.
Additionally, I would add salt @ 1tbsp/gal to mitigate any bacterial load in your water column, and as AR1 AR1 mentioned, keep your water clean with large weekly water changes replacing the salt for the water volume removed for 14 days, then let it dilute out after that :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store