Freddie's in a 75?

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
How long would Parachromis Friedrichstahlii last in a 75? 1 year? Two? Life?

Talk me out of this.

Cichlids of America's has Parachromis Friedrichstahlii-Pantanos de Centla available. "True bumblebee Freddie's" as he labels them. Boy do I want a pair. But I just don't have the tank... Lol I have a 46 bowfront open, but 75's are fairly easy to come by where I'm at. And I could scoop one of those up for not too much. Keep the Freddie's in the 46 untill the 75 is cycled properly.

My umbee's will outgrow their 125 in a year or so. Then the Freddie's could have that tank if need be.

Thoughts? Am I just becoming the crazy fish guy?

Reactions: Frank Castle

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I wouldn't do a 75g for life. The 125g would be much better, especially if you are planning to move the umbee.

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
I wouldn't do a 75g for life. The 125g would be much better, especially if you are planning to move the umbee.
The umbee's definitely will need a move. And I would definitely move a gorgeous pair of Freddie's into the 125. I was just curious what type of time constraints I'd have on the 75.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
How long would Parachromis Friedrichstahlii last in a 75? 1 year? Two? Life?

Talk me out of this.

Cichlids of America's has Parachromis Friedrichstahlii-Pantanos de Centla available. "True bumblebee Freddie's" as he labels them. Boy do I want a pair. But I just don't have the tank... Lol I have a 46 bowfront open, but 75's are fairly easy to come by where I'm at. And I could scoop one of those up for not too much. Keep the Freddie's in the 46 untill the 75 is cycled properly.

My umbee's will outgrow their 125 in a year or so. Then the Freddie's could have that tank if need be.

Thoughts? Am I just becoming the crazy fish guy?
I would think that you'd have a little over a year for a pair, if their growth is similar to la Ceiba. I've experienced pretty slow growth with my previous and current group. Imo you would be fine, I'm doing something similar. My la Ceiba are currently in a 40b until I finish my 180g and move stock around.

Reactions: Frank Castle

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Heh, you guys are supposed to say. "No don't go out and buy a new tank! It's gonna be too small anyways!" Not worth it.
Lol no, don't go out and buy a tank. Better lol?

A spare tank is never a bad thing. I have a hospital tank, go out tank and my main tank.

Hospital-for sick and new fish.

Grow out-for fish I need to get bigger so they won't be eaten or killed.

Main tank-the final tank.

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Heh, I have a 46 bowfront, a 40B and a 125 in my tiny two bedroom apartment. Lol not to mention a 150 that I store at my dad's. XD

Did I mention I live on the 2nd floor?

Even so, sounds like I'm going to end up snagging the next 75 that comes into the shop. XD oh lordy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store