Giant gourami , Stocking , and tank size???

ctenopoma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
Canada
Hi, I was wondering if this would be okay for a gaint gourami to live in:
125 gallon 72" in length
18" in width
23" in height
With the following tank mates 1 oscar , 1 senegal bichir , 1 jack dempsey , and 1 greenterror(gold saum).
Would this be overstocked? with a 50% wc/week.
Also do female gouramis grow to a smaller size? if so how do I sex giant g's

thanks to all that reply.
ctenpoma

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
You should be fine. I don't think it be that over stocked.

ctenopoma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
Canada
thanks , I heard Red tail's do not grow as big as the common giant gourami? can anyone confirm this? also does anyone know a place I could buy one online , I can't seem to find red tails anywhere.

cr8on

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
I think you would be alright for maybe a year or so, but with only an 18'' wide tank I think it would be pushing it to keep it in there for life, Giant Gouramis can reach 28'' and Red Tails 20'', and do grow quickly if fed properly, so you might want to consider a tank upgrade after a while to something at least 24'' wide. Just my 2c worth

piggy67

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Michigan

ctenopoma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
Canada
Bogwoodbruce;2255306; said:
If you went for a redfin youd be ok for long but i wouldnt keep them like that for much longer than a year, if it were a 6x2x2 you would be but its your width, they do get longer than 18"
I Think it might be okay , seeing as none of the fish I have grow to their max size:irked:

Jatinder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Wolverhampton, UK
The male and female are distinguished by the dorsal fins and body color. The dorsal fin on the male ends in a point, and the body is darker changing to nearly black during spawning. Females hav much thicker lips than males

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store