Giant Gourami tank mates

Bafutbeagle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Kent UK
Hi There,

I have a 200 (UK) Gallon tank which holds a red-tailed giant gourami which is about 11" long at the moment and 8 3" clown loaches and a 6" snowking plec.

Just wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a tankmate?

Cheers

Bafut

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
How about one of these...sure I've seen them with GG's before somewhere.

flagtail1.jpg

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
i have 2 silver aro's, 3 gars, 2 plecos. with 1 giant gourami. he's happy as can be. but im sure he'll be happier in the future as he grows, and so does his living space.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
pretty much any community monster fish. something that wont nip on the long fins

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Not too aggressive fish and fish that won't fit in it's mouth.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
your snowking is fully grown by the way. so if you wanted to add any bigger catfish, something to think about

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
Hi, i have just got rid of one i bought as it kept attacking my Giraffe!? Yet you are able to keep these fish with it lol, just shows how much fish personality changes. He was about 9 inches long, an adult, which are supposed to be even more placid than the juveniles. I would not add anything short of massive personally, like a fully grown giraffe or niger, something that wont be attacked because of its size, and doesn't really have a bite to attack. But if yours is OK with the others then smaller fish would be OK.

The arowana will grow bigger than the Gourami, which gets to about 20 inch as a fully grown adult.

Carl.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store